About the Embassy
U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Poland
At the head of the U.S. diplomatic mission in Poland are the Chief of Mission, with the title Ambassador, and the Deputy Chief of Mission.
These officers are responsible for all components of the U.S. Mission within the country, including the Consulate General in Krakow.
Political Officers analyze and report on political developments and their potential impact on U.S. interests. Political Section.
Economic Officers analyze and report on macro economic trends and trade policies and their implications for U.S. policies and programs and advocate for US-supported economic, financial and trade policies. Assist U.S. businesses with investment problems, especially those related to taxes, intellectual property rights, and market access. Economic Section.
Consular Officers manage consular relations between Poland and the United States as well as provide services to U.S. citizens. The U.S. consulates in Warsaw and Krakow manage immigrant and non-immigrant visa services, and emergency as well as routine services for American citizens. Consular Section.
Public Affairs Officers are the press and cultural affairs specialists, and maintain the Embassy's relationship with the local press. Public Affairs Section.
Commercial Officers assist U.S. Business providing counsel on Polish trade regulations, laws and customs; identifying importers, buyers, agents, distributors and joint venture partners for U.S. firms; and arranging appointments with business and government officials. Commercial Section.
Management Officers are responsible for normal business operations of the post, including motor pool, housing, shipping/customs, travel, property & supply, and procurement. Management Section.
Regional Security Officers are responsible for providing physical, procedural and personnel security services to U.S. diplomatic facilities and staff. Regional Security Office.
Agricultural Officers promote the export of U.S. agricultural products and report on agricultural production and market developments in their area. Agricultural Section.
Security Assistance Officers are responsible for foreign military sales and for Defense Cooperation in Armaments. Office of Defense Cooperation.
Defense Attachés manage bilateral military-to-military relations. Defense Attaché Office.
Key Embassy Officers
• Ambassador - Stephen Mull
• Deputy Chief of Mission - Douglas C. Greene
• Consul General - Charles Luoma-Overstreet
• Management Counselor - Wayne McDuffy
• Acting Political - Economic Counselor - John Schutte
• Public Affairs Officer - Orna Blum
• Regional Security Officer - Matt Shedd
• Defense Attaché -
• Chief, Office of Defense Cooperation - Col Warren Barlow
• Senior Commercial Officer - William Czajkowski
• Agriculture Counselor - Michael Henney
• FBI Office - Monika Wasiewicz
• DEA Country Attaché - Kenneth Bradley
• TSA Attaché - Kevin P. Cahill
American Consulate General, Krakow:
• Consul General - Ellen Germain
• Consular Officer - Laurie Major
• Management Officer - Charity Boyette
• Public Affairs Officer - Brian George
• Pol/Econ Officer - Andrew Caruso
• Regional Security Officer – Roel Respecia