If you need an emergency passport to replace one that is lost or stolen, you can make an application at the American Citizen Services unit in Warsaw or Krakow. Emergency passports are limited in validity and cannot be extended. After completion of your travel, you can apply for a full validity passport in the U.S. or at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You will need to submit the following:
- Photo identification such as a driver's license.
- Proof of Citizenship, such as a birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization. At the discretion of the consular officer, other evidence, such as a photocopy of your lost or stolen passport, may be acceptable. You may also wish to refer to Additional information on obtaining vital records.
- Police report of the theft or loss.
- 1 passport photo, 5cm.x 5cm., taken within the last six months. The photograph should be colour and must be front view, full-face taken in normal street attire, and without a hat or dark glasses.
- Application for Passport
- Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport
The cost of a replacement passport is 135 dollars (children 105 dollars) or the equivalent in Polish currency, payable by cash or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Novus/Discover, Diners. We cannot accept payment by check.