Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Required Documents

Visa applicants must bring to the interview:


Application form

DS-160 application form

Once you have completed and submitted this application, please print the confirmation page that includes some biographical information and a bar code with a confirmation number.  You will have to bring this confirmation to your scheduled interview. 

The form has been translated into Polish, and the translation can be viewed by placing the cursor over the relevant text in the form. The application form cannot be saved online.  Please save the form to your computer regularly, since you may need to return to it later.

Review the information on the form before submitting it. Everything must be correct and accurate. Once the application is submitted, it is impossible to make any changes.   If you present falsified information, you may be found permanently inadmissible to the United States.  Therefore, please ensure that all the information contained within it is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. 

Valid Passport

Your passport should be valid for six months beyond the date that you intend to depart the U.S. If your passport is valid for less than six months we can still issue a visa but your stay in the U.S. will be limited to the expiration date of your passport.

If your passport expires before your visa, you can still use it to travel to the U.S. as long as the visa does not have passport cancelation holes punched through it. In such case you travel with two passports, the expired one with a valid U.S. visa and with your new passport.

Please note that Poland has an agreement with the U.S. to honor the validity of its passports for an additional six months beyond the expiration date.

Please Note: Under Polish law, Polish passports lose validity 60 days after a Polish citizen legally changes his or her name because of marriage, divorce, or any other personal circumstance.  The U.S. Embassy cannot place visas into invalid passports. It is the responsibility of the visa applicant to provide a valid passport at the time of the visa interview.

In a case of the loss of your passport with a valid U.S. visa please follow our instruction in FAQs section.

Proof of Payment

For more information on visa payments please visit Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee

For the current MRV fee amount and payment information please see Fees.

Police and Court Records

If you ever been arrested or convicted for any offence or crime, you must bring to the interview a recent copy of a good conduct certificate and court records. If the criminal offense took place in Poland, you should contact the National Criminal Register Information Office at Czerniakowska Street 100 in Warsaw (see map) to issue a good conduct certificate. If the criminal offense took place outside of Poland, you must bring a good conduct certificate/police record and court records issued by government authorities of the country where the offense happened.

All documents must be translated into English.

Back to Top

Valid U.S. Visa

If you have any valid U.S. visas, including the ones in your old passport, please bring them to the interview.

To help protect your identity, please report the loss of your passport with a valid U.S. visa to the Consular Section by e-mail (click the icon) Send an e-mail to Consular Section. Please provide your full name, date of birth, telephone number, the lost passport number, and the visa issuance date. 

Other Documents

Interview and application forms are designed to elicit all necessary information. Applicants may want to consider bringing along documents that they feel are useful, but the consular officer may not choose to look at them if it appears that additional documents won't make a difference in the adjudication.

For information on any other documents you are required to have depending on the kind of visa you are applying for, please see Visa Categories.